Codemasters is bringing us a brand new, designed from the ground up, new engine, new tire models, new physics, new next gen graphics, new everything. Even new “No Career Mode” more on that later. All coming to Playstation 4, XboxOne, PC and Steam.
The F1 series has certainly needed a new fresh design and over hall as I feel F1 2013 & F1 2014 was kind of blah! Same old thing, same non existing progression, just race after race of the same. Now I do think F1 2014 looked better with the rain effects, but it just didn’t keep me interested with the numb feeling physics. I would rather play all the F1 series open wheel cars in Reiza Game Stock
So what is Codemasters bringing us now? What shall we expect? I expect allot and until I can drive the new sim arcade game I want really know for sure. What they are saying is sounding really cool though! Here are the highlights that we know so far.
- New engine
- New tire physics model. You will experience grip level changes based on weather, car setup, road debris, and wear.
- No Career Mode (was boring anyway)
- Next Gen Graphics
- More realistic Physics
- Smarter A.I.
- Fully Playable 2014 FIA Formula One World Championship (like having 2 games in 1) Will be great to compare to last gen engine in F1 2014. F1 2014 is based on new physics engine. No port over.
- Free digital update as the 2015 season progresses
- 20 areas of physics improvements including engine, transmission, aero, fuel tank, force feedback, suspension and most notably new tire physics model
- New Championship Season
- New Pro Season (Really replaces the Career Mode, but with all Assist turned off. Hopefully the A.I will have their assist turned off as well.)
- Online Practice Session
- Online Multiplayer
- Weather of course
- Improved sounds to bring that race day feeling to you. All they will lack is the smell of fuel.
- Voice Recognition for Xbox One and Playstation 4. You will be able to interact with your race engineer with game voice commands thru the Kinect and and Playstation Camera or compatable headsets for Playstation 4.
- Ask about:
- Race info
- Tire wear
- Request tires
- Front wing changes
- Much more to be announced
About This Game from Codemasters
Race like a champion in F1 2015 – get closer than ever before to the experience of racing in the world’s most glamorous, exciting and prestigious motorsport. F1 2015 puts you in the heart of the action with a stunning new game engine that recreates the blisteringly fast and highly responsive racing cars of FORMULA ONE™ and features all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ that immerses you in the unique race day atmosphere. F1 2015 is the official video game of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ and also features fully playable 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ bonus content. Compete as your favourite FORMULA ONE star in the new Championship Season and push yourself to the limit in the challenging Pro Season mode. Hone your skills in the new Online Practice Session, and then challenge your friends and racing rivals from across the world in Online Multiplayer.
• A STUNNING NEW GAME ENGINE – A brand new game engine, built from the ground up for the latest consoles and PCs allows players to experience FORMULA 1™ in unprecedented detail.
• THE MOST RELEVANT FORMULA 1 GAME YET – An earlier release in the racing calendar and with free digital updates set to keep the game up to date with the sport during the season, F1 2015 brings fans the most relevant FORMULA 1 video game ever.
• THE MOST INCLUSIVE F1 RACING EXPERIENCE EVER – Featuring a naturally authentic purely physics-based handling model with enhancements and additions in over 20 areas, F1 2015 is designed to be player inclusive for both seasoned players and those new to the series.
• NEW GAME MODES – Immerse yourself in the new Championship Season, test yourself to the limits in Pro Season or use the new Online Practice Session to hone your skills before taking on rivals across the world in Online Multiplayer.
• BONUS CONTENT – Look back at last year’s exciting season and enjoy a fully playable 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ as bonus game content.
F1 2015 is going to be a huge step in the right direction. It’s looking to be the best F1 game yet considering all the updates they have planned. It sounds as if this is becoming more true sim like and less sim arcade like with the new tire model. I’m excited to see how a race will unfold depending on my car setup, weather changes, managing my tire wear and possible encountering road debris that would send me to the pits. Getting the A.I. straight along with the physics and tire modeling will all but insure success for this game. Here’s to hoping all the major brand FF racing wheels will work from day one!
Stay tuned for more! Let me know what you think in the comments and what your excited about with F1 2015