Well well well. We are finally seeing Polyphony coming out with the next iteration of Gran Turismo. It’s not a half way complete release to suck up money either. No it’s the real deal and going in a slightly new direction then before. It’s also coming out early 2016!
Polyphony joined forces with FIA to bring us TWO FIA online championships running side by side. Us gamers will be able to race in them or simply be a spectating fan as the series unfolds. This time around you get to win and be crowned along side the real drivers at the FIA prize ceremony. Yes you are actually racing for real within the GT Sport game with other online racers for all the glory and bragging rights and to be crowned champion at the end of the season. This is pretty dang cool and really takes sim racing to a new level! I can just imagine us practicing and testing setups during the week before the next live racing event comes up. You now will get to become the racer and feel what goes into being a racer as your points will really matter.
Time will tell as more details unfold, but we already see that you will be able to use a racing wheel or gamepad. which is a little puzzling for me as usually on consoles gamepad users have the advantage. I’m hoping for the racing series it will be divided up between gamepad users and sim racing wheel drivers as more skill is involved with using a wheel, brakes, shifting etc..
Gran Turismo Sport will feature.. highly evolved graphics and sound quality, not to mention a totally revamped physics engine. The true beauty of Gran Turismo SPORT goes much deeper, as it will forever change the way driving games are seen. It will redefine the very definition of “gaming” and “motorsports.”
Have Questions? Me To.
- Will there still be a single player career mode?
- Will there be online mode outside the FIA sanctioned races?
- Will we get to modify cars with hop up parts like before outside the FIA series of course?
- How many tracks? We know at least all the FIA sanctioned tracks will be there.
- How many cars?
- What sim racing wheels will be supported?
- We do here that Sony VR headset will be supported.
- Will there be a photo mode?
- Any League races?
- Can we add custom graphics to the cars like in Forza?
- Will there still be the ability to buy online cars?
- With PC sim racing currently being the more precise and preferred method how will GT Sport FFB, Physics, sounds etc.. stackup, especially since this is going to have sanctioned racing?
Do you have questions? Well list them below and let me everyone know how excited you are about the new GT Sport coming soon. Also stay tuned for more!