Kart Racing Pro was a Steam Greenlight and is now out for only $39.99. CLICK HERE.
Kart Racing Pro has already received a few mixed reviews with some just loving it and others saying I want a refund. From what’s read is the VR support needs sorting for Oculas Rift, but good on the Vibe and there is not enough content. Professional racers are a little more critical, but overall the physics seems to be real good and works fine with a controller as well.
Things I notice off the back is it works with Track Ir, VR, has plugin interface so should be good to go with Sim Xperence (which I believe I already seen in in SimXperence list) not to mention should be working with dash kits once Fanaleds updates for the game. Doesn’t
Looks like a solid buy if your a die hard Kart racer, but if your Kart love is limited to just the casual Kart race there is other sims that already offer Karts along with much more racing content. Like Automibilista, RFactor 2 & Project Cars 1 & 2.
ABOUT THIS GAME
Kart Racing Pro is a realistic karting simulator.
The aim is to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options.
As such a steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are fully supported.
Kart Racing Pro also allows to host and join online races, with an integrated matchmaking server. During events data is collected, to provide statistics for drivers’ comparison.
- automotive industry-standard tyre model
- chassis flex simulation
- dynamic track surface groove buildup
- wet track simulation and dynamic drying
- dynamic marbles generation
- tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
- user-selectable driver gestures
- output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
- a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
- LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
- support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
- full modding is possible: advanced users can build new tracks, karts, engines, helmets, … and integrate them with the provided tools
- Oculus Rift and HTC Vive ( SteamVR ) support
- FreeTrack support
- TrackIR support
- EDTracker support
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: 2 Ghz CPU
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 1.2.1 compatible GPU with 512 MB of video RAM. VR: GeForce GTX 970 (AMD Radeon R9 290) or better
- DirectX: Version 8.1
- Storage: 2 GB available space
Have you played Kart Racing Pro? What you think? Comment below
See ya on the Track!
Check out our Sponsors: