The wait is over! MotoGP 17 is out now on PS4, Xbox, and PC and comes to E Sports for chances to win big!
The wait is over: MotoGP™17 is available from today for PS4™, PS4™Pro, Xbox One® and Windows PC/STEAM™!
All the riders, the motorbikes and the tracks from the 2017 season of the Official MotoGP™ Championship, with the addition of over 70 historical riders, the legends who have formed the history of the Championship we have today. Moreover, the new Managerial Career mode, allowing you to live the double life of rider and team manager, and the first and revolutionary MotoGP™ eSport Championship which, exclusively for PS4™ and PS4™Pro, will allow you to show everyone your abilities.
A real tribute, a gaming homage to the two-wheel world. Starting from the sound design: every sound is 100% real, thanks to the direct recording of motorbikes. Moreover, the artificial intelligence and the physics of MotoGP™17 have been further improved. The opponents are even more competitive and overtakes and collisions are hyper-realistic, to give players the utmost authentic gaming challenge. The highlight is the 60 frame per second frame rate, which will guarantee a greater control of the motorbike and a more enjoyable and exciting gaming experience allowing you to drift and bank like a true champion!
For those who love challenges, after completing the rider career starting from the Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup, you will now be able to engage in the Managerial Career mode, creating and running an entire MotoGP™ team. Starting with Moto3™ and reaching up to the highe
MotoGP™17 will be playable both offline, with single races and time trials and of course the great official championship, and obviously online, thanks to the Co-op mode and the new and never seen before MotoGP™ eSport Championship. An unprecedented opportunity, an exclusive tournament for PS4™ and PS4™Pro, which will offer everyone a chance to challenge the best players in the world. The fastest 16 players will qualify through 7 online events to access the final which will take place during the Valencia Grand Prix and will be broadcasted worldwide. The best players will win a brand-new BMW M240i and many other wonderful prizes.
We are pleased to announce the Managerial Career, which is set to become one of the most exciting developments of MotoGP™17, the video game dedicated to the 2017 World Championship.
A new challenge is set: after experiencing the thrills of the Championship as a rider, feeling the adrenaline rush of racing on the tracks and becoming the champion, with the new Managerial Career, you will now be able to put yourself in the shoes of the Team Manager and take decisions that will determine the success of your team in the World Championship.
The meticulous, hard work of the talented people who have committed effortlessly to create a championship team lies behind the pit wall; the choices of a Team Manager are critical to the success of a champion, starting with the management of resources in order to create a winning team and to motivate young riders towards attaining the title! Each victory accomplished at the race weekends will increase your reputation and make you earn new credits, enhancing the riders’ performance at the same time.
The Team Manager will lead every aspect of the team like a deus ex machina, including:
• Sponsors: as the reputation of your team grows victory after victory, you will be able to increase your visibility and receive offers from the Championship’s official sponsors, allowing you to get new in-game credits.
• Bikes: being competitive means being able to race on high performance bikes and being a Team Manager means you can invest in the best models. Naturally, the more popular your team becomes, the greater your selection will be!
• Riders: one of the main tasks of the debut season will be to choose the best riders for your team; the player, apart from racing with their custom rider, will also need to hire another 5 riders who will compete in all the categories, guided by artificial intelligence. The player will also manage the crew and prepare the riders for each challenge. Managing the activities and costs for both the team and riders will speed your journey to success.
• Team Departments: as the Team Manager, you will oversee the various departments that make up your team, investing resources to improve the growth of the riders and your income after each race. The team consists of more than 10 departments (Nutritionists, Athletic Preparation Team, Sports Management, etc.) and with careful management, players can win the World Championship in three different classes!
• Research and Development Department: although a team is chiefly made up of people and activities that need to be managed on a daily basis, a good Team Manager will invest in the R&D department so as to always guarantee not only the best bikes but also the best components which will ensure superior performance, race after race!
With the new Managerial Career mode, for the first time ever, you can live the thrill of the MotoGP™ championship in a leading role!
We’re proud to announce the first official MotoGP™ eSport Championship, exclusive for the Playstation 4 players.
Find below the official press release from Dorna:
Always at the forefront of digital trends, Dorna Sports kicks off the MotoGP™ eSport Championship in 2017 to further engage its gaming fan base – as well as enticing fans to race in the comfort of their homes.
Dorna Sports approaches this project as a brand new Championship within its portfolio of racing series, managing all aspects of the competition. The official MotoGP™ ’17 console video game – produced by long standing licensee Milestone – will provide the backbone of the MotoGP™ eSport Championship, allowing gamers to take part in online challenges throughout the 2017 season with the aim of qualifying for the season finale, to be held in November at the circuit in Valencia – coinciding with the last round of the FIM MotoGP™ World Championship. The eSport final event will be broadcast live by Dorna’s TV partners.
Exclusive to SONY PlayStation® 4, the MotoGP™ eSport Championship will provide a direct link to real life racing with seven online events in a time trial format. The 16 fastest players will be invited to test their skills in a first live event in Valencia, just ahead of the MotoGP™ season closer, with a BMW M240i up for grabs as the top prize.
This first foray into the eSports scene will lay the groundwork for a more extensive calendar for next year’s eSport Championship, which is backed by several founding members – most of whom are already involved in the MotoGP™ World Championship as sponsors or partners.
Pau Serracanta, Dorna Sports’ Commercial Area Managing Director said: “Moving into the eSports scene is taking MotoGP into a new era. It’s a unique way to engage our established gaming audience and also a clear sign to the wider gaming community that MotoGP™ is not only one of the top motorsports properties in real life, but also one of the most exciting digital experiences a console game can deliver. We will be putting together an exciting package mixing virtual and real life encounters blending the two worlds to deliver the utmost authenticity. From top tier partners to TV broadcasters and MotoGP™ teams, the stakeholders will be working in unison to have a successful start in eSports, on a scale befitting MotoGP’s highest standards.”
Check out Some Videos
See ya on the Track!
Check out our Sponsors: