March 11, 2015
ProtoSimTech’s Pedals Coming Very Soon!
Looking forward to some new pedals on the market? These have been in the making for 2 years. Never have I seen a manufacture take such care and pay attention to this level of detail as PST has, all while letting us follow along with their Vlog.
The first batch of 20 will come powder coated. Due to the expense and trying to keep these pedals affordable for all to experience, the future batches will come bead blasted leaving a really nice finish. Chris Smith is investigating options like anodizing as well, but don’t let that hold you up because these pedals look Awesome!
I’m looking forward to getting my hands on a pair of these pedals to review. I’m really interested in the clutch mechanism being used. I’m also keen to more brake feel with the adjustable brake and optional harder brake bushing that comes with it. Did I mention PST even includes all the necessary hardware to make adjustments?
If I’m lucky I’ll be able to get a set and get back with you all, as these are very popular. Lets see if they can live up to the hype. I’m pretty sure they can!
About the Pedals
- Aluminum and Stainless Steel Construction
- 50KG Load Cell – Brake Pedal
- Industrial Quality Potentiometers (rated for millions of turns) – Throttle and Clutch Pedals
- Multiple Pedal Face Positions
- Adjustable Pedal Height
- Adjustable Spring Tension
- Adjustable Pedal Travel
- Adjustable Potentiometer Travel
- Adjustable Clutch “Feel”
- Can Be Inverted or Placed Right Side Up (with each pedal separately)
- Adjustable Load Cell Position (for lighter or heavier braking)
- Clutch Mechanism Can Be Removed While Retaining Full Clutch Functionality
Made for solid aluminum and stainless steel hardware to last a lifetime of abuse. The circuit board is produced by Derek Speare (DSD) so you know PST is asking for only the best!
Potentiometers used for the Throttle and Clutch.
- Resistance (Ohms) : 100K
- Power (Watts) : 0.5, 1/2W
- Tolerance : +/- 10%
- Number of Turns : Single
- Rotation : 295 Degrees
- Adjustment type : Side Adjustment
- Actuator Type : Slotted Shaft
- Actuator Diameter : 0.250″ (6.35mm)
- Size – Body : Square – 0.524″ x 0.500″ Face x 0.441″ L (13.30mm x 12.70mm x 11.20mm)
Load Cell used for the Brakes.
- Rated Load : 50KG
- Input Resistance (Ohms) : 405 +/- 6
- Output Resistance (Ohms) : 350 +/- 3
- Use Temp Range (Celsius): -10 ~ +40
- Cable Length : 0.42m
- 12 bit controller with intergrated load cell amplifer: 36 button inputs, 5x12bit analogue axis inputs, one integrated analogue load cell channel with variable gain control
- 12 bit controller- standard: 36 button inputs, 5 x 12 bit analogue axis inputs
- Dimensions: 12 bit controllers measure 60mm x 47mm
- 3 Pedal Set: $379 (Plus shipping and Handling)
- 2 Pedal Set: $319 (Plus shipping and Handling)