I picked up my Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma headsets about 4 weeks ago and I must say I’m quite impressed. These are by far out performing what a $99 headset should perform like and even rivals higher end headsets in sound quality in my opinion.
So you might wonder why review headsets? Well I’m a sim junkie and I like to hear my race cars engine, gear shifts, tranny whine, popping exhaust sounds and more. These headphones allows me to do just that and doesn’t break the bank with the added bonus of a great digital mic. If your looking for a good digital mic for doing your YouTube videos the Razer Kraken is your ticket.
Check out the video review below as I review them as well as the links to buy it through my Amazon store and direct from Razer. I also listed the Pro’s and Cons below.
- Plug and play for PC and PS4
- Sounds really good
- Deep adjustable Bass
- Quality of Sound was actually better than the Beats Studio. Shocker!
- Only $99
- Great for YouTubers for the clear sounding adjustable digital mic. Check out the MIC TEST on the Razor website.
- 16.8 million customizable color options on the ear cups
- 7.1 surround sound
- Great sound isolation
- Mutable mic located on the mic itself
- Retractable mic
- Customize your EQ presets form a wide arrange plus 1 custom setting
- None existing adjustable volume on the headset. Must use the PC or Razer software
- Tight on your ears creating some discomfort after extended wear. It loosens up a little after time, but only applies to larger headed people.
- Ears get hot after extended wear of 1-2 hours
- Software provides only 1 custom preset. I would like to see several custom presets that I could custom name. This would allow me to have presets for different games and music.